Photo by Mr Robert Tibbles

Monday 18 April 2011

Charley v Wooly Round 2.

So, if you read this (!!) regularly then you will know i'm partial to the odd surf contest or 2. Having said that I had been umming and rr-ing about doing the Wooly comps this year, I did them last year and won the league so felt with that I'd kind of done them. Plus there's more Croyde comps this year so I would be busier this side of the hill. Anyway Sunday came round, the 1st league event of this year, it was 2ft and blisteringly sunny. The competitor inside got the better of me and i ventured over the hill and signed in.

The comp was fun as always in Wooly - they really seem to luck in with the waves and nice weather thing. My 1st heat was really slow, few waves ridden but i got through. Had a blinder of a semi - go the highest scoring wave of the day and felt good for the final. Then things seemed to conspire against me, my car key broke so i couldnt lock the thing so i had to leg it over to main beach to collect marie and the kids and leg it back with my 2 year old on my shoulders. Not the ideal preparation for a senior citizen such as myself! But I found a bit of energy from somewhere and rode a few waves ok to take the win. Stoked.

Will I be at the next one?? As long as my car key works... i'm all over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment