Photo by Mr Robert Tibbles

Thursday 13 May 2010

As promised...

So, as I said when I started this bad boy, there will be few updates! There has been 'very few' updates, in fact i'd go as far to say 'no updates' for a while. Anyway i'm back and I have a whole new lease of life for writing things no-one reads on the internet!

I was going to write about the recent election and the history of hung parliments circa 1862 - 1974 but that would be: 1 boring and 2: not about me! So instead I'm going to write about surfing competition.. the good and the bad. I guess as most people know I love surf contests, be it watching them all night for days on end on the internet (much to the annoyance of my girfriend) or participating in them in 1ft slop. Thing is, its weird because when I was young, driven and ambititous I never went near the things but now in my paler, dwindling days I can't get enough of them. The other weird thing, is i'm really not that competitive either. I think what it is, is i've become more driven as i've got older - not to compete so much but just to get better at surfing and the thing i've found is.. contests spur me on to go in in shit (practice for what most contests seem to be held in) and just about seem to have helped my overall level move on a smidgen.

So (onto the less midlife crisis bit) this year is well under way contest wise. I've had a couple good shows and a couple less good shows so far. Coming first or last isn't really the issue - if i come first i feel good about myself and go out and get drunk (then not good about myself the next day) if i come last then I think 'that can't happen again, its embarrasing', go out and get drunk and promise to be better next time! Its all part of the game I guess!

Coming up we've got the mojito pro on saturday evening, should be fun and the good bit is, win or lose i'll probably still have a couple but wont feel good or bad about it as its all for fun. Then in a couple weeks its the saltrock open. Out of my league? yeah undoubtedly but if you don't try...............................

Then you can't go out and get drunk after can you?!?


Remember when we had some waves? Fun wasn't it? Photo from a couple weeks ago, copywrite of Tibbles - that means i've nicked it of him and not told him... laters x

No comments:

Post a Comment